Frequently Asked Questions
2. How often does natural stone need to be sealed vs. engineered stone?
Granite needs to be sealed once a year. Marble, limestone, travertine and slate need to be sealed twice a year. Engineered stone never needs to be sealed.
3. Can I cut on my countertops?
You can cut on your granite countertops; however, granite will dull your knives. You can cut on your engineered stone countertops; however a serrated knife will scratch the surface.
4. Can I set hot pots or pans on my countertops?
Granite is heat resistant up to 350 degrees; engineered stone is heat resistant up to 250 degrees. We recommend using a towel or a trivet with both products.
5. Is there a huge price difference between granite and engineered stone?
Granite ranges from $5.00 to $190.00 per sq. ft. Engineered stone ranges from $10.00 to $28.00 per sq. ft.
Please keep in mind that many engineered stone slabs are smaller than granite slabs and you may need to purchase an additional slab to complete your project.
6. Why does granite range so much in price?
The more rare or exotic the stone, the more expensive it is. Common granites are less expensive.
7. Can a stain be removed from a granite countertop?
Yes it can by using Pultice Powder. Call the office for details on applying the product before you use it.
8. How do I clean my countertops?
Use mild soap and water. Do not use anything that contains ammonia or acid as this will strip your sealer.
9. How do I get an estimate?
You can fax your drawings with dimensions to 925-960-9777. Please include your name, jobsite address, phone number and fax number.
You can also e-mail your drawing with dimensions to Everlasting Surfaces or bring your drawings directly to the showroom.
10. Do you have granite slabs in stock?
We can give you a list of some of the suppliers in the area that we work with.
11. If I have natural stone tile installed, what is the best way to keep my tile and grout cleaned?
Again, do not use anything that contains ammonia or acid on your tile. We recommend using a hand held power steamer to keep your tile cleaned.
12. Besides Countertop fabrication and installation, what else do you offer?
We also install tile. We have in-house designers waiting to assist.
13. Why should we come to your showroom?
We have a 2,000 sq.ft. showroom in Livermore offering you the latest styles and applications in natural stone, porcelain, glass, and hand crafted ceramic tile.